In October the Detroit Conference received a $100,000 grant to provide Disaster Case Management to households affected by the June flooding in Mid-Michigan. We hired two case managers, Anne Wortley and Katie Vokal, and setup an office in Midland at the United Way of Midland County.
Anne and Katie are in need of help. They have contacted nearly 500 households who experienced flooding and have opened close to 30 cases for households that need additional assistance. They estimate that they have 600-700 more households to contact and anticipate opening at least a 100 cases. In order to keep up this pace, they are in need of volunteers for the following:
1. Making initial calls to homeowners.
2. Accompanying Anne and Katie on home visits
3. Serving as volunteer case managers who would Anne and Katie on cases and/or be responsible for a limited number of cases.
4. Hospitality and support for volunteer teams that will be assisting in the re-build phase.
5. Form a volunteer team to assist in re-building. One team from Chesaning has already done some work in the week between Christmas and New Year’s.
If you and/or your church are interested in helping, please contact Ann and Katie at 989-486-8784.