All I Want For Christmas is…Summer Camp!
Summer seems so far away…but you can make your plans for next year already. The Children’s Ministry of the Saginaw Bay District is giving away one $500 camp scholarship to a child for the 2018 summer to one of the United Methodist Camping locations. The camp must be listed in the 2018 Summer Camp Guide for the Michigan Area UMC Camping.
- One entry per child. Children in grades kindergarten through 8th grade are eligible to enter.
- Entry is one page of a drawn picture or essay (typed or handwritten) on why they want to go to summer camp.
- MUST be written/drawn by the child and at their age level. Judging will be based on appropriate age abilities.
- Email or mail the essay so it is date stamped by 12/10/17.
Mail: Tina Karnath, 3617 Mackinaw Rd, Suite 1, Saginaw MI 48602
- Entry must contain the child’s name, age, contact phone and email address and home church on the BACK.
- Entries will be judged on originality, effort, thoughtfulness, creativity and passion regarding the topic.
Winners will be notified via email.
The Children’s Ministry of Saginaw Bay District will send the $500 directly to UMC camping to be used towards the chosen camp(s). The camp does NOT need to be picked prior to submitting the essay. The winner can choose any camp listed in the UMC Camping directory.
Two names of remaining entrants will be drawn to win $100 scholarships towards their desired camp.
Winning entrants must be willing to create a short video after they attend camp to share their fun experience. Video may be used on the Children’s Ministry District social media pages or at District Conference to promote children’s camping and future scholarships. Good luck!